It’s playoff time! After missing out last year (though it wasn’t too bad – I did jump onto the Wife’s eventual Superbowl bound bandwagon), it brings me great joy to welcome the Saints back to the post-season. If they get the Lombardi for the second time it will be against great odds and completely on the road, but hey, if the Saints can win the Superbowl…in any case, first up is Philadelphia. On to the links!
- The Saints are attempting to change up the road mojo by changing up the routine.
- Terron Armstead bounced back in a big way in his second start, but Trent Cole wants to test the rookie. This matchup is one of the biggest to watch when the Saints have the ball.
- The other is Jimmy Graham, going against a shaky Eagles secondary that just got torched by Jason Witten.
- As it turns out, the very first franchise victory for the Saints was against the Eagles.
- Drew Brees almost kept the NFL single season passing yardage record, but, after further review, the scorekeeper favored Peyton Manning.
- You can read more about this monstrosity here.
- With snow on the ground here in the mid-Atlantic, here are some creative ideas for what to do with it.
- Since it’s the time of the year for look backs and resolutions, here is a list of 52 week challenges to, uh, challenge yourself.
- If you don’t want to better yourself and just give in to consumerism instead, at least be efficient doing it.
- Here are 18 futuristic predictions that actually came true last year, including a flying car that I actually want.
- And here are 12 predictions about 2014 that Isaac Asimov made 50 years ago.
- I would be remiss if I didn’t share the 10 most popular Zen Pencils from 2013.
- Not much in the way of Cubs’ news, but here is Roy Halladay dressed up as Jamie Moyer (as photographed by Jamie Moyer).
- Here are 7 great insults by John Adams, including this zinger about Philadelphia:
“Phyladelphia [sic], with all its trade and wealth and regularity, is not Boston. The morals of our people are much better; their manners are more polite and agreeable… Our language is better, our taste is better, our persons are handsomer; our spirit is greater, our laws are wiser, our religion is better, our education is better. We exceed them in every thing, but in a market.”
- The Art of Manliness has a 31 day journaling challenge that I think I’m going to modify to kick start some non-Filament writing on this site. Eventually.
- This weekend, however, I will be making my own Sriracha.
- Not much to write about the Wizards, who again failed to make it over .500. Truth About It offers their most #SoWizards moments of 2013.
- Two words: hippo bacon.
- Since we’re running late today I’m cutting the links short, so let’s kick off 2014 with something a little uptempo.