two days after Independence Day!
- Zen Pencils is back with a new comic based on a Banksy quote that will have you fighting the power before you know it.
- Demon is a web comic about a poor guy who just wants to die, but can’t.
- I’m inordinately excited about the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie, which is somewhat odd since I never read the comics as a kid. Maybe it’s the soundtrack?
- Holy crap, guys, did you know Twitter is a public forum?
- For no particular reason, here’s Tyson Fury (accidentally) punching himself in the face.
- The Cubs have been playing much better over their last 40-ish games, culminating in last nights 16-9 victory and sweep of the Boston Red Sox.
- Jimmy Graham is officially a tight end.
- The Wizards re-signed the Polish Hammer, Marcin Gortat, one of their two big free agents this year. The other, Trevor Ariza, seems to be getting a lot of attention (as he should after a career year – one that has me fearful of the dreaded contract year bump). The Wizards are keeping their options open. Thus concludes the obligatory sports section of the links.
- Bro(ny), who’s going? (Not me. I’m not a brony. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)
- Really cool article about a friend, Rachel Taft, who is becoming known as the band mom of Baltimore.
- Kind of an older story, but as the father of a baby girl I wanted to link to it so I could say that this shit has got to stop.
- 19 Things Tim Howard Could Have Saved. When Jesus Christ needs salvation, he looks for Tim Howard.
- But, I mean, really, who wants more cash and less crime?
- There are a LOT of really good 4th of July songs out there, so I basically threw a dart at YouTube and picked this one for the Song of the Week. This isn’t specifically one of them, but the title is appropriate, plus it’s one of my favorite memories of back when the “M” in “MTV” meant “Music”.